Ministry The Detlev Rohwedder Building – a reflection of German history
The Detlev Rohwedder Building was built between 1935 and 1936 as the headquarters of the Reich Aviation Ministry. Reich Aviation Minister Hermann Göring wanted it to be an expression of political power. This aim was reflected in the neoclassical architectural style, which despite its simplicity made a powerful impression on visitors. The then dark Stone Hall with its low pillars was designed to intimidate visitors, and the Great Hall with its architectural reliefs and marble floor was intended inspire awe. Today nothing remains of this oppressive atmosphere: modern interior fittings, art exhibits and the well-designed lighting lend the building a pleasant, bright feel.
Source: Federal Ministry of Finance